Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (In Classroom / Instructor Led) 2022
The Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS) program helps HSE professionals master the core competencies necessary to be successful in the occupational safety and health field. COSS is ideal for those new to safety or someone looking for a refresher. In addition, Medics who augment their training with this essential understanding of safety are better equipped to effectively partner with HSE team members to protect coworkers.
COSS goes beyond teaching compliance to helping students become safety leaders in a wide array of industrial environments. Medics also knowledgeable about safety protocols become part of the safety team trained to prevent accidents, not just treat consequences.
This intensive 5-day, 40-hour academically rigorous course includes:
- Daily homework & quizzes using college textbook
- Daily compliance moments (performing analyses of hazardous conditions)
- Student presentations
- Comprehensive final written exam
Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalent
Upon completion of the COSS program, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards, determine regulatory requirements and implement corrective actions
- Perform risk analyses for key jobs and processes
- Differentiate between safety audits and inspections
- Prepare and present effective safety training presentations
- Develop and maintain company safety programs
- Cancellations received at least two (2) business days prior to the first day of class will be eligible for a full transfer, i.e., full payment will go toward a future course.
- Cancellations in less than 2 business days will be eligible for a transfer, less a $100 administrative fee.
- “No call, no show” students will not be eligible for a refund or transfer.
In the event registration falls below a certain level, RemoteMD and ASC reserve the right to cancel the course a minimum of seven (7) days in advance, and will provide a full refund OR transfer.
Venue: New Orleans Training Center
Directions: 880 W. Commerce Rd Suite 103 New Orleans, LA 70123
Phone: 504-293-5959 Option 7